Complete Your Exercise Prescriptions with Precision Metabolic Training
The Real METABOLIC Programming
GET THE EDGE!… Put Metabolic Calculations Into Your Training Plans
If I give you a persons MET or Vo2 Max... Can you tell me (WITHOUT MEETING THEM) ...
How long it will take them to cover any distance ?
What speed they can walk and run and how long they are likely to be able to keep it up for ?
How many calories they will burn doing any activity ?
What speed and incline to set the treadmill at to exercise them at any intensity ?
What sports they are fit enough for and what they would not be capable of performing well in ?
(for example: sport has two factors, skill and fitness. So, if they play tennis singles, is their level of fitness going to get in the way of their ability to perform) ?
What speeds and watts (intensity) would be suitable for them when cycling ?
Create a full 5 zone training guideline for them ?
Tell you what intensity they are likely to become anaerobic ?
Create a suitable energy balance programme using energy equation tactics ?
HOW WOULD I DO THIS ?
Step One: Assess their functional capacity and measure their body weight
Step Two: Use a combination of the following depending on what I need to know:
Heart Rate Zones
A Series of Advanced Scientific Metabolic Calculations
I can teach you how you can do the same!
Lets Look At An Example:
TEST YOUR MET KNOWLEDGE …
Suppose you carry out a V02 test on your client and you find
V02 Max is 35 ml.kg.min
Bodyweight is: 220 lbs (100 kgs)
Armed with this piece of information,
Could you answer the following information about your client? ….
Can You Tell Me? …
Your client’s maximum amount of calories they can burn per minute ?
If they exercise at just 50% of their functional capacity, how many calories will they burn for each minute of exercise ?
What is your client’s total calories they can burn at 50% of their functional capacity if they exercise for 30 minutes at this level ?
How would you rate your client’s current fitness level ?
Is your client fit enough to do slow jogging as a workout? If so, for how long ?
What exercise % (intensity) will your client be exercising with a brisk walking programme of 4 mph ?
Is your client fit enough to jog at a slow pace of 6 mph ?
At a walking pace of 4 mph your client will burn ? calories and cover a distance of ? miles in 30 minutes. If you progress them to a speed of 5 mph they will burn ? calories and cover ? miles in the same 30 minutes ?
Not Sure What To Do? KEEP READING…
IMAGINE WHAT IS POSSIBLE WITH THIS KNOWLEDGE ! Here's Some Examples ...
Personal Plans WORLDWIDE
Metabolic Training for SPORT
Advanced Exercise Prescription
Remove the Limits of Your Location
To achieve this, let me introduce you to
YOUR METABOLIC TRAINING ADVANTAGE
Begin learning advanced exercise metabolics today so you too can perform these calculations and attain all kinds of combinations specifically for each and every one of your clients individually. This level requires some basic mathematics (don’t let this concern you, I will walk you through) and knowledge of basic exercise physiology.
Without an understanding of this science, you must rely on guess work and give your clients generic advice instead of applying the same in depth approach to exercise prescription and training the body inside (physiologically) as you train the body outside (mechanically).
Having taught 1,000’s of trainers, I understand why many health professionals have shy’d away from Vo2, METs and Metabolic Formulas.
They might hear about it in their basic exercise physiology, some might even think they are using ‘metabolic training’ (a concept that is missed used by many).
Perhaps you have learned a couple of ways to test Vo2 Max but haven’t a clue what to actually do with this information beyond giving someone a fitness score.
If any of this sounds like you, we will open up a whole new type of exercise prescription for you to apply in your business.
Most of which has been up to now, used only by the very advanced Exercise Physiologists.
You need to get your hands on this!
Well, here is what you are missing out on …
How Would You Like To Know ALL The Following about Your Clients – Just From One Statistic – even if you never meet them!
Think.. this means you can prescribe precise individual exercise plans to anyone, anywhere in the world! :-
- What speed they can walk and run and how long they are likely to be able to keep it up for
- How long it will take them to cover any distance
- How many calories they will individually burn doing any activity
- What speed and incline to prescribe to set the treadmill to exercise them at any intensity
- What sports they are fit enough for and what they would not be capable of performing well in (i.e.if they play singles tennis, is their level of fitness going to get in the way of their ability to perform) sport has two factors, skill and fitness ability.
- What speeds and watts (intensity) would be suitable for them when cycling
- Create a full 5 zone heart rate training guideline for them
- Tell you what intensity they are likely to become anaerobic
- Create a suitable energy balance programme using energy equation tactics
You no longer have to leave it all to guess work, give yourself and your clients what they deserve…
The Metabolic Advantage!
WHAT YOUR METABOLIC COURSE INCLUDES
Section 1 METs REVIEW
- What are METs
- How Do I Calculate METs for Someone
- What are METs Used For
- Vo2 Testing To Find MET MAX
- How To Use a MET Activity Chart
Section 2 CONVERSIONS & CALCULATIONS
- DEMO of What Is Possible with MET Calculations
- Steps To Solving Metabolic Equations
- Understanding Absolute vs. Relative Values
- The Scope of the Metabolic Calculations Practice
- Equations Cheat Sheet
- Conversions Cheat Sheet
- How To Find the Missing Equation
- ACSM Metabolic Equation Assumptions
Section 3 WALKING AND RUNNING METABOLICS
- Introduction to Walking and Running Metabolics
- Finding the Speed in Miles Per Hour
- Running Equation without Gradient
- Walking Equation – finding the VO2 work rate without a gradient
- Treadmill – Adding a Gradient (incline) to your Metabolics
- Running Equation Metabolics DEMO [full prescription part 1]
Section 4 STEPPING & VERTICAL METABOLICS
- Introduction to Vertical Metabolics
- The Stepping Equation Breaking Down the Formula
- How To Calculate Stepping Energy Requirements (Vo2)
- Design a Custom Fitness Test using Vertical Stepping Metabolic Calculations
Section 5 CYCLING ERGOMETRY EQUATION
- Introduction to Cycling Metabolics
- Dissecting the Ergometer Equation
- Understanding Cycling Workloads Kgm/min
- Understanding WATTs
- DEMO Ergometer Calculation in Action
- Metabolic Equations Case Study DEMO – Ergometer and Tennis
Section 6 SCENARIOS - PROGRAM DESIGN
- Introduction To Your Senarios
- Using Your Metabolic Calculations Cheatsheet
- Practise Questions
- Case Study Scenario WR1, WR2, WR3
- Case Study Scenario ST1, ST2, ST3
- Case Study Scenario Erg1, Erg2, Erg3
- Metabolic Equations Customised Treadmill to Energy Expenditure
- Case Study Cardiac Rehab Scenario
- Download Your Metabolic Calculations Home Study Supplement
SIMPLE EASY TO FOLLOW TUTORIALS
Easy Math. Equations made Totally Understandable. Some trainers find it very difficult to understand Metabolic Formula’s especially in written form.
That is why each step, formula and case studies are all accompanied by a full video demonstrations for you to follow along and learn the techniques, this means learning this advanced skill becomes extremely easy.
And if you love doing formula’s and working with numbers.. you will LOVE METABOLIC CALCULATIONS!
IMMEDIATE PROGRAMMING METABOLIC CALCULATORS FOR INSTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ANY CLIENT
We have also included a section of forms and calculators to help you quickly get answers when you need a fast decisions. These use advanced formula’s and unlike calculators online, our forms allow you to create pdf copies and images of the forms and immediately send them to any email.